Happy 2013 to all!

As expected, I was so taken by other matters that I have not read a paper or watched a news cast since last Friday.... I am sorry I could not post my best wishes to readers of this blog and talk some about what to look for next year.


First, it seems that Chavez is doing really bad. Apparently all went to Cuba to spend the New Year Holiday. and left in charge Navarro whose only merit is to have been one of the biggest sucker up to Chavez that ever existed.  He certainly has no charisma nor ideas to conspire and take over.  In short, no one is in charge. Then again, does it matter?

Fireworks for the new year were plentiful  much more than last year in San Felipe. I commented to the SO that maybe people were cracking the fireworks they could not crack the day the news come from Cuba. Sure enough as I open a computer for the first time in 4 days I read that, well, news may be coming...  People did not go in as large a number as hoped for to the prayer vigils, preferring fireworks.  Ingrates!.

13 is a good number, it never brought me bad luck.  In fact, if I play lottery I am sure that 13 is included.  I even won once, enough to pay the half dozen lottery tickets I may buy in the year (you know, those sold in the streets by kids on drug addiction recovery programs).  I thus trust that this year overall is not going to be any worse than the recent ones. Things being what they are in Venezuela, not getting worse is already a bonus....

And that is all because as far as Venezuela is concerned all will depend on the how, when, which way, if, and etc. of El Supremo.  I never thought I would have to live in a country that passed through the traumas of transitions like Spain, Yugoslavia, etc...  but here I am.  Now back to that left over Foie Gras and Ribera del Duero from last night.  You gotta love some left overs.....