A meme for New Years'

I'm preparing a few post about certain events, feelings and thoughts related with the Venezuelan political crisis. I promise I will publish as soon as I consider them decent enough. In the mean time, the next questions reached my mail box, I answered them to practice my english, and at the end I thought it would be fun to share; because even if its so off topic, this blog is at the end, a personal blog. The three or four of you who follow this blog, are invited to also answer this meme. And delayed Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2009 to who ever has the patience to read this.


What is your idea of perfect happiness?
My idea of perfect happiness reduces to one or two moments, short enough to remember it, long enough to enjoy it; because a constant happiness is equivalent to some boring routine that no one ever remembers as remarkable.


What is your greatest fear?

Lions. (Really? No politics? No Chavez? No death? No… really… I HATE lions).

Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Jane Austen, she had a very particular way of being rebel and conservative at the same time. Yep, its probably not a big historical figure, but is the only one I can think of right now. Ask me in a couple of days and I’ll probably give you a different answer.
Which living person do you most admire?
I would have to name more than one. A professor who really marked me and my boyfriend.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
My laziness, my sarcasm and sometimes I think that I think way too much
What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Bad intentions, square minds and an absolute moral (I think that two last ones are the same thing, right?)

What is your greatest extravagance?
It’s somewhere between the way I speak and some other things I don’t feel comfortable about revealing them at all!


What do you consider the most overrated virtue?

General social skills such as keeping a good conversation about stupid topics, looking good, dancing good, drinking, having a decent job or career etc etc.

What do you dislike most about your appearance?
My feet. No doubt. Yes, I’m a girl and I have some stupid complex, what do you expect?

Which living person do you most despise?
It is impossible not to answer this question without naming the obvious: the person I despise the most is you- know- who, some guy from Miraflores, I bet you have heard of him.

What is your greatest regret?
That I didn’t graduate on time.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
What? My career and writing. Who? He knows.

What is the quality you most like in a man?
That instinct of protection they have.
What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Our ability to talk about nothing, I must confess that I love to talk with my female friends about nothing!

Which talent would you most like to have?
I’ve always wanted to sing and dance, but I’m terrible at both things.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
A couple of years that I spent working as an assistant professor, I think I did something good there.

If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
It would be interesting to come back as the opposite of me, someone like my president itself or Pamela Anderson; just to see how those shoes fit.

What do you most value in your friends?
They are there, for whatever may come, without judgments.

Who are your favorite writers?
Umberto Eco, J. K. Rowling, I don’t have many favorite writers, I always read a different book of a different writer.

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Does Hermione Granger from Harry Potter counts?


What is it that you most dislike?

When Word corrects a stupid grammar “mistake”, or style issue and leaves that part of your document with that nasty red underline that you can’t make it go away. I dislike animals. I dislike being around talks about cruise trips I never made, and plastical surgery, and business (I have nothing to say on those conversations). I dislike the lack of opportunities, when its even hard to dream about having a decent life. I dislike a lot of journalists. And of course I dislike the world troubles like everyone does.

How would you like to die?
Typically: old, surrounded by my love ones (more likely the love ones alive for that time), without a lot of pain, in peace.


What is your motto?

My mom always reminds me parts of a pray and even counting that I’m not very religious, I like it. It says that the patience can reach everything, and that everything will be over and will pass.