Mental exile is not off- topic


In less than a month I will defend my thesis and therefore I will not have any string attached to the university or any other responsability. Its just me and the world for now, me and my plans. I hesitate a lot writing about this but I think I'm ready now. The plans I have made are not related to Caracas and not even to Venezuela.

I have made the decision of leaving the country for a while. Not forever, I don't want to even think that I could be talking about forever. The countdown for making my plans a reality starts right after my thesis defense, if I approve of course. I just made the decision, and I still don't have any idea about the details, if we are going to actually make it a reality.

I won't leave the country tomorrow, this will take me a couple of years to say the least. The Constitutional Amendment also seems to come soon and an economical situation that its already hitting my pockets but I'm bussier making some research to making my plans a reality.

Why am I planning to do this? I think some readers already got the answer in the back of their heads while others who still see a fighter in me, feel forced to ask this question. And I think it will require me a few entries to explain. For now I will just say that the things I want to do, the things that I know will make me happy (and believe me, they are very simply things) are simply very hard to achieve in Venezuela for me, right now.

So for now on my blog will talk a lot about this. It will follow my journey, my fears, my thoughts, from my thesis defense till the day I take a plane somewhere for a while. I won't give a lot of details to protect both the plans and my privacy.

Of course, I could never leave politics completely aside, so the reader can expect the usual entries from time to time.

The entries that will cover my plans will be organized under the tag of "mental exile", because if I'm making this plans it can only mean that a part of me already left, my mind is already dreaming about some other place. I don't know if you are agree with me, but I didn't consider this to be off topic. After all, no one thinks on leaving a country that is slowly coming to an end, at least in the way you once think you knew it.

PS: So I was playing the piano while thinking on writing this entry (to finally writing this entry) and trying some camera functions and this is what I came out with. Be careful with the volume, the sound quality isn't the best. I can't promise something better for the next time, the way I play can explain why I have a thesis defense in less than a month instead of being on some world tour as a pianist hehe... So, hope it tries to capture the moment