The Revolution decides if we go to work one day or not

Tomorrow I had like a million things to do, which include meeting my thesis partner and to contact my tutor and keep preparing for the thesis defence. I was also willing to get an answer for a few job positions I apply to in the past week. My cousin had class. My boyfriend had work. But tomorrow the Revolution has forced us all to stay home, because is their 10th birthday. And they don't want anyone to be productive during their series of ridiculous celebrations. As plain and simple as that, they just decided it over the weekend, and if any business, company, or school works tomorrow, they will get a fine. And some people call this a democracy, I have to check my books and concepts all over again... but if a country forces you to stay at home and delay your daily plans for a whole day because their government is in its 10th Anniversary and they let you know about it the weekend before... would you still dare to call it a democracy?

PS: Don't click on the "click here to read the rest" option, because there is no rest.
Ps 2: Miguel said it better than me