Everlasting power

Usually, I wake up at 6:00 am. At 6:30, I'm standing at the bus stop. Around 8:00, I'm at the office. I have a degree and a relatively well paid job. I have a boyfriend and a few friends. I have a couple of dreams. I look myself in the mirror. I'm 26 years old. I do not longer think about "What am I going to do when I grow up?..." - Seems like I already did. Wherever I look, I'm an adult.

I have a very girly face, but if you look in my eyes you will found out that some years have already passed by. I have lived a lot and yet so little. I thought by now I would had everything figured out. But I haven't. And the future sometimes looks a bit dark. A lot uncertain.

I went to the university. I signed up in a political party. I also partied. I got involved on more issues that I was able to handle. I failed a stats course. Once. I fell in love. Twice. I was heartbroken, at least three times. I attended a few demonstrations. I dated someone I did not like. Once. Twice. I ran while tear gas bombs were being dropped. Once. Twice. More than that. I kissed a stranger. Once. Twice. Won't say if it was more than that. I started teaching. I fell in love again, now for the last time. I started attending my friend's weddings. I said good bye to many of them. I learned English. I buried someone I loved. Once. Twice. More than that. I started writing. I blogged. Losed count how many times I have done that. I dyed my hair. Only once, thank God. I saw Chavez' speaking on TV. Every day. My sister god married. once. She had kids. Twice. We moved. Three times. I traveled abroad. Once. I played the piano. I said I love you, feeling it for real. Once.

I woke up at 6:00. At 6:30, the school bus picked me up. I arrived at school at 7. I had a math exam which I failed. Then I explored a cow' heart at biology' lab. Alicia was dating the boy I liked. Trouble was, he wasn't quite aware of my existence. I liked Backstreet Boys (I know, shame of me!) but my favorite song was Offspring "Why don't you get a job?" but I didn't knew the lyrics' meaning. I went to the "15 aƱos" of an older girl. I whore a yellow dress my mom made me. I did not danced much. A boy tried to ask me out. I thought he was joking and I ran away. I was 14.

12 years. One Revolution. 12 years to learn about the odd similarities that proposed changes have with destruction. Yet, I feel nothing has changed and perhaps that is the biggest trouble.

One lifetime. One president. One girl eager to see progress, hopes and smiles.

Some people are out there celebrating. I am not. Power shouldn't be a reason to celebrate. Power should be used cautiously and for a limited amount of time. Otherwise, the damage it causes can be overwhelming.

But here, for almost half of my life; power seems everlasting.