Electoral note 1: abstention galore

As promised, no election day post, no continuous coverage in deep. But still, an occasional electoral note like this first one.

The news so far is a massive abstention at least in urban centers allegedly favorable to the opposition. There is also abstention in chavista areas but let's not forget that they have a "bring in the vote machinery" that should allow them to bring in more voters than the opposition. In other words, at noon we are in a 3+1 scenario for the opposition (see previous post).

So right now we have twitter filled with people begging oppo folks to go an vote. I do not know how many chavista twitterers of doom are there since I do not follow that garbage and no one has retwitted them.

Meanwhile, for a nice change I was not awoken at 4 AM by stupid fog horns. I have had a leisurely breakfast and I am ready for a leisurely lunch. I have not turn on TV, just phone calls from friends and a visit to the biggest bakery around to buy the papers have been enough to convince me that we are in trouble. In that bakery, at 9:30 AM, there was NO ONE with purple stained pinky, the voters badge. In spite of all the weird staring that I did.  That is, no employees or customers had yet voted.

I will go and vote, of course, but around 3 PM. That way I will see how many people have voted in my center. If we do not make it to 50%........  Lord Have Mercy upon us!

Let's not be surprised by this abstention. On one side a group was convinced to vote for what turns out to be a near corpse. That is electoral fraud. On the other side the oppo leadership keeps trying to pretend that all is fine and dandy when it is not (there is a devastating article against Capriles by Ibsen Martinez in Tal Cual yesterday). How can you expect people to get motivated to vote when leaders on BOTH sides are so full of B.S.? Well, we knew thy are full of it but now it is so pathetically obvious.......