"Is Cadivi a Scholarship?" or question people ask to google, and expect my Blog to answer

People put the following questions in the Google search engine and they ended up in my blog. Most of the questions are rather odd, but I hope next time Google takes you to my blog, you truly find what you are looking for.

- Google question 1: Is Cadivi a scholarship?
Hell, no. You are not even close. We have a very strict foreign currency exchange system. Common citizens are allowed to spend only 400 dollars a year on Internet expenses and no more than 2500 dollars a year on traveling ones (it can be less, depends on the destiny of your trip). Cadivi is the system that authorizes you to use those dollars.

- Google question 2: why does hugo chavez wear red?

Because the red is the color commonly used for both right and left oriented regimes that limit democracy (think Soviet Union, think Nazi German…); it has been also used by left oriented guerrilla groups (FARC) and communists parties worldwide. The red is the color of power and conflict. The red is a color hard to ignore, and easy to be bothered by it. So it can often be a smart choice in politics or any other scene where you want to stand up.

- Google question 3: What does vinegar and toothpaste can do?
Well, I don’t know the scientific explanation but if you ever find yourself into a situation where a tear gas has been dropped, the smartest decision you can make is to either smell vinegar or put some toothpaste under your eyes and nose. Your eyes will cry less and the effect of the tear gas will also be more bereable. I personally prefer toothpaste instead of vinegar, has proven to be more effective for me (and I’m not a fan of vinegar smell, so maybe that’s why)

- Google question 4: what are the forbidden jobs for Venezuelan women?
As far as I know, none.

- Google question 5: how to accept Cadivi credit cards?

I don’t know how to answer you this question. Either you decide to accept them or you don’t. I have no idea of the troubles international business can encounter with our credit cards…

- Google question 6: reasons why Venezuelans study abroad?
Well, we have different reasons. In my case the graduate offers for my career are scarce plus I want to have the experience of studying abroad, in a different language, with people all over the world. A degree earned abroad can also translate to better payment and better job opportunities.

- Google question 7: a list of things you can buy in Venezuela with one dollar
Hmmm, depends on the exchange rate. You could buy either a coke, a juice, the newspaper, several metro tickets, a few bus rides, bread and that’s pretty much it.