Tsunami in Japan

I have had a close relationship with Japan as fate had me study and research for many years with many people from Japan.  And I much prefer Japanese manners, cuisine or art to the mainland offerings, acknowledging my great admiration for a culture that produced people like Kurozawa or the fabulous displays at the Boston museum.  So, in respect to the friends and acquaintances that I used to have many, many years ago, I will dedicate this post as my mark of sympathy as I watch in horror the coverage which will make it the most extensively reported Tsunami ever. After all, it happened during working hours and after the quake they had they knew they had to rush to airports and to their cameras as they all knew the Tsunami had to be coming.

From what I have seen, it is amazing to see so much devastation in a country that is so ready for such catastrophes.  I cannot imagine what would happen in Venezuela after such an earthquake and a Tsunami half as big......